whos the man?

To Answer All of Life's Hard Questions and Mess With People's Heads?

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Quick Update

I've been too busy lately to post much, but I wanted to let everyone know what's going on with my Dad and the Davis family in general.
Dad is not doing well. He has lost most of his energy and can hardly move around. He has been using a cane for the last year or so, but he's been having to use a walker some lately. He just had his 63rd birthday, and all of his siblings and their spouses came over to see him. I think it lifted his spirits some. He still refuses to take any pain medicine. He wants to be aware of what's going on and may take some Tylenol from time to time, but that's it. Pray for him and Mom. For strength, faith, love, and peace. Financially as well.

Jake turned 9 on the 9th, and started 4th grade last week. We had a party for him at our house with friends and family. He surprised me by not asking for anything for his birthday. I finally asked him with a few days to go, and he said to surprise him. So we did. We got Jake a Honda XR80 (dirt bike). Completely caught him off guard. Now Adam is asking when he's going to get one!

I'll put up some pictures of Jake from All Stars later. We went to state, but didn't do too well. We still went to State though!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you, Matt. I've been wondering about you all and your dad. I'm sorry to hear about it all. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

j_webb said...

I asked for a dirtbike every year for years. Finally bought my own at age 15. Guess I shouldn't have asked for it huh?
I hope everything gets better for you and your family during this hard time. I will be praying... and call me if you need me.

Anne Marie W. said...

We enjoyed Community group at your house last night, thanks for having us. We will be praying for you and your family. I will also be praying for Jake on the dirtbike.

MattD said...

It was a good time...I told Heather to get ready..because at some point he will lay it down or go over the handle bars..bound to happen...part of making him a MAN!