whos the man?

To Answer All of Life's Hard Questions and Mess With People's Heads?

Friday, June 27, 2008

Thinking About Heather...

That last post got me thinking about Heather. She really surprises me. I know I like to (affectionately) call her Mary Poppins, but she really takes it to heart to raise men. For a girl that had sisters growing up she really wants to make sure the boys are treated like boys and they learn to be men. And I love her for that.
She's just as hard on the boys as I am. Ya'll think I'm competitive. I've learned to be less, because she is sooooo competitive. She hates to lose at ANYTHING! If Jake is slacking watch out Mommas gonna get on him. I give here a hard time for loving on Adam too much, but she really isn't that bad. She knows and doesn't treat him like a baby just because he's her youngest. She doesn't mind if I take them hunting. Well, with Adam hunting is walking in the woods. We're talking about getting the boys 4 wheelers (YES), and she's all for it. And possibly us?! Now that's my kind of woman. She's hot but tough, sexy but sweet, a loving Mother, but will whoop your tail if you get in trouble. She doesn't try and act like she's still a girl. She acts like a woman. That is sexy. She lets them get dirty and play hard, and doesn't worry about them getting hurt. If someone is picking on them instead of loving on them. She tells them to do what Daddy says. Which is, one puch to the nose as hard as you can. For those that don't know, that usually stops a bully from messing with you. Sorry, truth. This is obviously after you have warned him and told the teacher, and nothing has changed. ;-)
I guess my point is she wants the boys to be independent and she doesn't constantly shelter them. We are both on the same page (for the most part) when it comes to the boys and we want them to grow into men, and treat women with respect and that in itself is SEXY.

5 comments:

Grace said...

I think she's pretty special, too.
Love
Mo

Kim said...

I like to read about husbands loving their wives. It makes her shine.

Great post.

j_webb said...

You definitely married up. I have noticed that Community is full of guys like us who have married up.
It's like God looked down in pity and said "I better send these boys a good woman". All I can say is.... WHEW!

....remind me not to tick Heather off...or bully the boys.

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

i agree with kim h. it's terrific to read what you guys say about your wives.

Anonymous said...

I am nodding my head and couldn't have said it better than Kim. I love hearing a man talk about his wife like she is his greatest treasure. Your boys will pick up on that too. I read something a long time ago that the greatest gift you can give your kids is to love your spouse.