whos the man?

To Answer All of Life's Hard Questions and Mess With People's Heads?

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

C'mon Spring!

I'm tired..actually the Davis' family is tired. We've been hitting the ball field with both the boys in tow practicing (too much in my opinion), until 8 and sometimes later 4 times a week. But it's a prelude to something better. SPRING! I'm ready for it and here is why:
  • Warmer weather...I like it warm. I feel better when it's warm.
  • Baseball..as much as it is a pain sometimes I love watching the boys play. It's one of life's treasures to see your children obtain a goal (hitting a home run or catching their first pop fly).
  • Cutting the grass...it's therapeutic (I'll post more on this later)
  • Going to the hunting club and watching the wildlife..gonna be great if we can find the time
  • Spring football...A Day at AU...hopefully we can make it this year. Didn't make it last year
  • March Madness...the only time I'll watch basketball. And of course filling out my bracket
  • College baseball..I'm not much of a MLB fan but I love to watch SEC baseball (or any college b'ball for that matter)
  • Longer days...time change ..

5 comments:

j_webb said...

I am ready for some bracketology myself. Too bad all major sports aren't decided like the NCAA tourney. You never have that hollow feeling of "we might have done this or that" like football... it is just win or go home. Simple.

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the spring weather. Interested to see how you think grasscutting is theraputic. I think it makes good exercise, but that is about it.

Scott H said...

BASS FISHING! Bed banging', trap burnin', jig swimmin', trick worm twitchin', lizard dobbin'!
Oh the double antaundras of the sport I love!

Crissy said...

First... Scott is gross.

Matt, my first cousin plays baseball for the University of Alabama. I know you don't like them, but I'm very proud of my cousin Tyler. Had to brag.

MattD said...

No need to apologize...My cousin was playing football for the "school up the road"..;-)..we've all got black sheeps in our family...pray they overcome it..WAR EAGLE