whos the man?

To Answer All of Life's Hard Questions and Mess With People's Heads?

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

UFC 79-Nemesis

With New Years and the Bowl games I forgot to mention one of my favorite things, ULTIMATE FIGHTING!! Heather and I LOVE it...Kind of a surprise that Heather aka Mary Poppins likes the UFC but she does...it kind of caught me of guard a couple of years ago that she liked it while I was watching. The main reason why was due to the fact (most of you may not know) that I was very involved in Martial Arts when I was younger. I took Tae kwon do for almost 7-8 years and a year of ju jitsu. I use to compete in the full contact tournaments. I started before we were dating and quit right before we got married, but she would never come see me compete. I was like you like this? But you wouldn't come see me? Her response..." I didn't want to see you get beat up"...Thanks for the support babe...lot of confidence in me.
Anyway, we went over to one of our neighbors house and watched it. one of our favorites Chuck Liddell won, but our other favorite Matt Hughes lost. Hated it for Hughes. Seems like a really good guy and always professing his faith in Christ. It was still fun.
I'm hoping next year we can all get into it as a family, but if it's too expensive I'd like to at least get the boys into it. Teaches discipline, agility, body control, flexibility, and great cardio.

12 comments:

Paige M said...

OR.....you could always just dance like you did New Year's Eve.......also great cardio and cheap entertainment for your friends!!

MattD said...

Hardy..har har...you are sooo funny. I can see you now...at your little keyboard...just a giggling. It's ok though...I'm ok with it..I was just trying to mess around and have a little fun. Not anymore. Not gonna happen.

And I'm not cheap..

Anonymous said...

i am so bummed i missed new years eve and watching you dance. it would have been a hoot that is for sure! LOVE motley crew! good playlist! i don't know if i could have watched brian in one of those competitions, either. i mean i cried like a baby when he sent me a picture of his shaved head from basic training. what will i do when brandon starts playing sports! i'll be a basket case! o, by the way, brian has a heinekin keg all ready for the manfest. can you tell me again when it will be?

MattD said...

And who's fault is that? You guys were invited to watch the game with us. I even tried to call, but no answer. We had a few ppl from that school up the road but they were harmless. I was goofing off more than really dancing. Ginger kept asking, so. I'm going to post in a few days about the Beer & Brat Swap (not manfest as you like to call it) it's probably going to be Jan 19th.

Anonymous said...

just so you know there is a video floating around of your mad dancing skills, not naming any names...i never laughed so hard in all my life!

MattD said...

Laughing?...why where you laughing? Are you all having fun at my expense?

Anonymous said...

Maybe a teensy weensy bit...lets just say you were one topic of conversation at kim's house this morning!

MattD said...

So you were making fun of me. In my defense I was just goofing off a bit. Not really giving it my all. They wanted me to do the worm but not on the carpet. I had the kids out there dancing too. So we were jsut having a little fun.

Anonymous said...

No we were not laughing at you. We laughed as a response to you! I was bummed I didn't see you do the worm.

MattD said...

Uh Yeah, sure. Somehow you didn't convince me. Now I'M gonna have to redeem myelf. Not sure why my dancin skills are of such interest, but I'm ok with it.

Anonymous said...

Paige took the pictures not me. Go ask her. I'm still waiting for her to figure out how to post a video then we can all enjoy!

MattD said...

I know I'm just messing wiht ya...I've already talked to Mrs Mitchell and got here straightened out..yeah, she laughed at me. Anyway, I really don't care...just having some fun...JUST GOTTA DANCE.......