whos the man?

To Answer All of Life's Hard Questions and Mess With People's Heads?

Friday, February 8, 2008

In A Motown Mood Today

I'm kind of all over the place with the musice I like. I like Hank JR, The Eagles, 80's anything, Glam Rock (Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot), todays its, but one of my favorite genres is hte late great Motown hits. I also threw in some Micheal Jackson and Luther in my playlist.
Here are the Greatest 100 Hits:
1. I Heard It Through the Grapevine - Marvin Gaye 2. My Girl - Temptations 3. Reach Out I'll Be There - Four Tops 4. Where Did Our Love Go? - Supremes 5. What's Goin' On? - Marvin Gaye 6. Dancing in the Street - Martha & The Vandellas 7. I Want You Back - Jackson 5 8. Superstition - Stevie Wonder 9. Please Mr. Postman - Marvelettes10. My Guy - Mary Wells11. (Love Is Like a) Heat Wave - Martha & The Vandellas12. Do You Love Me? - Contours13. Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye14. Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell 15. The Tracks of My Tears - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles16. Shotgun - Jr. Walker & The All Stars17. I'll Be There - Jackson 518. Baby Love - Supremes19. Papa Was a Rollin' Stone - Temptations20. Uptight (Everything's Alright) - Stevie Wonder21. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) - Four Tops22. The Tears of a Clown - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles23. Stop! In the Name of Love - Supremes24. You've Really Got a Hold On Me - Miracles25. Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) - Temptations26. Baby I Need Your Lovin' - Four Tops 27. You Are the Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder28. Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell29. Money (That's What I Want) - Barrett Strong30. Leavin' Here - Eddie Holland31. Shop Around - Miracles 32. You Keep Me Hangin' On - Supremes33. You Can't Hurry Love - Supremes34. Endless Love - Lionel Richie & Diana Ross35. Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Stevie Wonder36. Ooo Baby Baby - Miracles37. Nowhere To Run - Martha & The Vandellas38. It Takes Two - Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston 39. War - Edwin Starr 40. I Second That Emotion - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles41. Super Freak Part I - Rick James42. Stevie Wonder - Living For the City43. I Heard It Through the Grapevine - Gladys Knight & The Pips44. Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder45. Ain't Too Proud To Beg - Temptations46. I Can't Get Next To You - Temptations47. Cloud Nine - Temptations48. Ball of Confusion (That's What the World Is Today) - Temptations49. Smiling Faces Sometimes - Undisputed Truth50. This Old Heart of Mine (Is Weak For You) - Isley Brothers51. What Becomes of the Brokenhearted? - Jimmy Ruffin52. Inner City Blues (Makes Me Wanna Holler) - Marvin Gaye53. Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology) - Marvin Gaye54. Playboy - Marvelettes55. Jimmy Mack - Martha & The Vandellas56. Don't Mess With Bill - Marvelettes57. Since I Lost My Baby - Temptations58. Don't Leave Me This Way - Thelma Houston 59. All Night Long (All Night) - Lionel Richie 60. Going To a Go-Go - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles61. Fingertips Part II - Stevie Wonder62. The One Who Really Loves You - Mary Wells63. Neither One of Us (Wants to Be the First to Say Goodbye) - Gladys Knight & The Pips64. Love Hangover - Diana Ross 65. Upside Down (Inside Out) - Diana Ross66. Brick House - Commodores 67. I Wish It Would Rain - Temptations68. Beechwood 4-5789 - Marvelettes69. The Hunter Gets Captured By the Game - Marvelettes70. Bernadette - Four Tops71. Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell72. Hello - Lionel Richie73. It's the Same Old Song - Four Tops74. You've Made Me So Very Happy - Brenda Holloway75. Jamie - Eddie Holland76. Your Precious Love - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell77. Quicksand - Martha & The Vandellas78. Come and Get These Memories - Martha & The Vandellas79. Keep on Truckin' Part I - Eddie Kendricks80. Needle In a Haystack - Velvelettes81. (I'm a) Roadrunner - Junior Walker & The All-Stars82. ABC - Jackson 583. I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross84. Give It To Me Baby - Rick James85. Cruisin' - Smokey Robinson86. My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me) - David Ruffin87. Three Times a Lady - Commodores88. Heaven Must Have Sent You - Bonnie Pointer/The Elgins89. Let It Whip - Dazz Band90. It's a Shame - Spinners91. Baby I'm For Real - Originals92. The Bells - Originals 93. He Was Really Sayin' Somethin' - Velvelettes94. Come To Me - Marv Johnson95. I Need Your Lovin' - Teena Marie96. The Love You Save - Jackson 597. What Does It Take (To Win Your Love?) - Jr. Walker98. Function At The Junction - Shorty Long99. Does Your Mama Know About Me? - Bobby Taylor & The Vancouvers 100. Greetings (This Is Uncle Sam) - Monitors/Valadiers
I Was Born This Way - Carl BeanDo I Love You? (Indeed I Do) - Frank WilsonFight the Power - Public EnemyQuiet Storm - Smokey Robinson Happy Birthday - Stevie Wonder Blowin' In the Wind - Stevie Wonder Silent Night - TemptationsLove's Gone Bad - Underdogs

Link To Site

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief, did you type all that out? My parents looooove Motown, they got me to appriciate it too, especially by playing records (you know, those antique, round disc shaped things that are bigger than a CD) when I was younger. Mom said I liked Earth, Wind, and Fire as a baby, and I would dance to it. Funny. At least it's not Barbara Streisand or anything. Blech.

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginger said...

(Sorry, that was my deleted comment!)

Wow! Do you really paid to blog?!

I was really concerned that you thought all that up and typed it all out, until I went to link!

MattD said...

Nooo..it's this new thing called "copy & paste"...it wroks wonders!

Haha...I don't blog that much. I decided to change me playlist last night, and this morning when I got here the idea hit me. It took a grand total of 2 minutes..maybe...and it was actually before 8. I drafted and posted later. so there...

Follow the links my dear...follow the links

MattD said...

apparently so does spell check but I don't seem to use it!

MattD said...

oh, and loveme some E,W&F!...good stuff

Scott H said...

Matt,
Hearing this Barry White reminds me of "Business Time" by Flight of the Conchords.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU

By the way G hooked me up with this, its hillarious!

Ginger said...

Oh, don't even get me started on Flight of the Conchords! They are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE! You must watch all of their songs-

MattD said...

Never heard of the Conchords...