whos the man?

To Answer All of Life's Hard Questions and Mess With People's Heads?

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Start of Baseball


This is an older pic of the boys, but I like it.

It's that time of year. Little League will start soon, and we'll be spending more time at the park than usual. Adam will be playing T ball. He played capball last year, but that's a little different.
I was a little worried at first about spending equal time with Jake & Adam, since it's just been Jake all this time. I was planning on Head coaching Jake and assisting Adam's team (Rance will be Head). That is until I got, oh how shall we say it...blackballed. I didn't get a 7/8 year old team. I have been coaching at Moody for 5 years. I've coached Fall Ball, helped at camps, and been there at the work days. All to no avail. I had a few board members no vote me due to the fact I coached in Leeds last year.Of course they said that wasn't the reason, but one told me that's the excuse used. That my friends is little league baseball.
On the brightside I can work more one on one with Jake and give Adam equal time. If I step back and look at the big picture. God has answered a prayer. He has given me what I asked for. Just in a way I didn't expect or really want. Isn't that normal though? Like a child asking for a snack and getting banana instead of a pack of gummis. It's what you ask for but not what you asked for. It will be interesting to see what is in store for us and why God has chagned "our" plans so to speak.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dread the days of little league. My brother played baseball from the time he could hold a bat. We saw some pretty "interesting" personality traits of some of his friends parents over the years. I speak of my own father in this same way, but thankfully that was a long time ago and my Dad has changed. Good luck! I'm sure you'll see us out there in about 3 more years. Ugh...

Burt said...

we do live in a fallen world - as Trace would say, "it's jacked up!" but fear not, God really has worked this plan for your good and His glory! Continue to live out the Gospel in word and deed.

Scott H said...

Good news! You wont have to miss the work day at church saturday! I'm sure heather wont mind handling the try out drop off!
See, that's another answer to prayer!

MattD said...

I'm still coaching T Ball so I will miss the workday. unfortunately...I'll be there from 8:30 until 3 ..then I get to come home and get ready for the Brat Swap...you coming?

Scott H said...

Did I ever mention that you are my "Beau"? Private joke, sorry folks!
IF we get done with ALL the work at the church in time, I am planing on coming.

MattD said...

After ALL the work is done you'll need a cold one...I'll have one waiting for you!

Princess Motormouth said...

Wow, so things haven't changed much at Moody Ball Park, huh? My Daddy helped build that park and paid his dues also. Does anyone remember the old ballpark at was at the front of Montebello neighborhood?

Yes, that was where my softball days started. I started out playing T-ball and was the ONLY girl to make All-Stars that year with all the other boys! HA, take that all you parents who were mad as a hornet.

Oh my, am I an Aunt Rico (female version of Uncle Rico, Napoleon Dynomite)?