whos the man?

To Answer All of Life's Hard Questions and Mess With People's Heads?

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Favorite Movies or Things About Christmas....

After talking to Heather last night about my post regarding getting sick of all the family get togethors I've decided to get a little more into the Christmas Spirit....so here are my favorite things and movies to watch during the holidays...
  • Watch A Christmas Story..."you'll shoot your eye out" & "it's a major award" are synonomous (spelling?)with Christmas to me...good stuff..funny
  • Look at Christmas lights with the family
  • Watch It's A Wonderful Life ...love me some Jimmy Stewart.."when a bell rings an Angel get's it's wings".....wiping a tear...sniff
  • GO HUNTING!!.. WOO HOO..let's kill us somthin...unfortunately all I've killed is time so far, so much for the great white hunter.... I build fire bring meat and cook...urgh urgh urgh...
  • Watch White Christmas ...get tired of it after the 3rd or 4th time, but still a classic. Sounds kind of girlie but I like Bing Crosby singing "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas"....my Grandfather (PawPaw) loved to listen to Bing over and over and over....I'm named after him and still hate my boys didn't get to know him...
  • Watch "A Miracle on 34th Street...I think it's one of Heather's favorites..I bought her a collection of old Christmas movies a couple of years ago...
  • Not one of my favorites, but usually have to watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas" with the boys...wah wah wahh wah wahh wahh...Charlie's teacher...never got that
  • Christmas cookies!! Heather usually gets togethor with her Mom and sisters and bake....mmmmmmmmmm....
  • Weather change...I like it when it starts to get cold and the wind is blowing...
  • My boys getting excited...I'm gonna miss it when they grow up and aren't into it anymore...writing Santa letters, seeing the decorations, all of it.
  • My 2nd all time favorite next to A Christmas Story is ....National Lampoons Christmas Vacation....Uncle Eddie emptying the crapper in the gutter!...priceless...
  • FOOTBALL...bowl games...best part of it...WAR EAGLE!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing at Baby Got Back. I'm having flash backs to high school dances. O dear...Love your Christmas list, very good. Christmas Vacation is my all time fave, too many good scenes to pick just one. My personal fave is when they get the tree at the beginning. "Dad did you bring a saw?" Love anything to do with Jimmy Stuart. He reminds me of my Daddy and that is why I will always love him. Christmas Story, another good one. "Oooooo, Fuuuuuuudge!" Great scene! Did your ears burn today? Ginger told me Heather came by her house the other day and we talked about your blogging. Laughing all the way, ha ha ha! Bad Christmas humor, sorry. Good list, homey!

MattD said...

I like my baby with a little back...For me it's a toss up between Vaction and Story..Best part of Vacation is when he's looking out the window and imagining the pool with the family and Eddie steps up with his leopard skin speedos and underwear on ...There are so many good ones in Sotry..I think either soap poison or when he has to dress in the pink bunny suit..good stuff...funny.Heather told me last night she and Ginger were online looking at my blogs. She doesn't even pay attn to it. She hardly reads it....yeah, that was pretty bad Christmas humor...ahem..j/k

Kim said...

Charlie Brown is my favorite Christmas movie. And Thanksgiving movie. And Halloween movie.

I only like Charlie Brown from October until December. Before that, he just annoys me.

MattD said...

Not so mucha Charlie Brown fan...kinda annoying all the time, but the kids like it.

What are you doing blogging at 5:22AM??? Don't you sleep woman?!

MattD said...

So far accomplished 6 of my 12...hitting 7th tonight